So for the first time ever I made a New Year's resolution- to be healthier. I plan to cut out fast food and sodas, drink lots of water and hot tea, cut back on sweets and not snacking so much. I used to snack what seemed like constantly just out of habit and I've always had a major sweet tooth. I've done really well this past month and already feel better. With my knees still all screwed up I haven't gotten to work out very much (outside of my 15 hrs per week of dance) but hopefully I will soon. I'm also trying to work with portion control because I often eat way past being full because I don't wanna be wasteful but I know that's not healthy.
Future Goals: 1. Get healthier 2. Graduate in two years 3. Get married 4. Start having kids!!
Ah I have so much to look forward to, I can't wait! But also I'm enjoying the present.
I've been watching a lot of Law and Order shows lately that all have a main character who commits a crime 'because of TV/video games/music.' What bullshit. I enjoy watching Law and Order and shows like it as entertainment, but I've certainly never considered for one second committing a crime, especially one concerning hurting or taking from someone else (which seems to be the most sensational crimes). Now I agree that most of today's entertainment is vulgar and graphic, but as stable, sane human beings we should be able to watch and listen to these things while still understanding right and wrong. If someone commits a crime and they're mentally sane then that means that they knew it was wrong and did it anyway. All anyone has anymore is excuses for why they're never to blame. That is disgusting. Why does it seem like mankind is made up of mostly criminals or people who aspire to be? Whatever happened to love and morality?
Future Goals: 1. Get healthier 2. Graduate in two years 3. Get married 4. Start having kids!!
Ah I have so much to look forward to, I can't wait! But also I'm enjoying the present.
I've been watching a lot of Law and Order shows lately that all have a main character who commits a crime 'because of TV/video games/music.' What bullshit. I enjoy watching Law and Order and shows like it as entertainment, but I've certainly never considered for one second committing a crime, especially one concerning hurting or taking from someone else (which seems to be the most sensational crimes). Now I agree that most of today's entertainment is vulgar and graphic, but as stable, sane human beings we should be able to watch and listen to these things while still understanding right and wrong. If someone commits a crime and they're mentally sane then that means that they knew it was wrong and did it anyway. All anyone has anymore is excuses for why they're never to blame. That is disgusting. Why does it seem like mankind is made up of mostly criminals or people who aspire to be? Whatever happened to love and morality?
No comments:
Post a Comment