Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Very Nice Morning

I guess my power went out in the night or something cause my alarm never went off and I slept through ballet. Not the best thing, but oh well everyone could use the morning off. Now I don't have class until 12:30 (Jazz). Also it's incredibly windy, the news was saying something about record-breaking wind last night and I believe it. It's so strong it's making that whirring sound, but also the sun is out and I'm sitting in my room with the windows open a little so it's very nice. I haven't had a nice morning like this in a long long time.

I'm watching Celebrity Rehab which I have mixed feelings about. To some extent I like the concept of the show, but I mostly feel this is a serious matter that doesn't need to be televised. These people are going through horrible times and need to change their lives and having their every moment televised on VH1 can't be helpful. It does serve to help the public see the serious and raw nature of addiction, but I doubt many people will watch this that are addicts and change their ways.

Mostly I think this show is just interesting to people such as myself that have no addictions, and therefore isn't really helping the problem at all. I feel the same way about that show intervention, same concept. Sometimes things they talk about on Dr. Phil and whatnot when people are dealing with abuse and emotional distress, again I wonder if their problems being televised for the world to see can really help them. Sometimes it's good to air these issues to serve as a public service announcement, but for the most part these people could probably benefit more from private therapy or counseling.


No comments: