Friday, March 28, 2008

New Post...after a long long time

So I haven't written in a while. Spring Break was okay, the weekends were fun but the week of Spring Break was lame and lonely. Also I had to go to the dentist and I have cavities:-( But it'll be okay.

I'm watching a story about some 20 somethings who were on a trip and there was an accident. Two girls who looked very similar were injured, one dying and one living. However their identities were confused so the family of the surviving daughter was told she was dead and the family of the girl who died was told their daughter lived. So for 5 months everyone involved thought this was the case, 5 MONTHS! My question is, and I of course in no way mean to insult the families especially after all they've been through, but how in the world could a mother look at someone who isn't their daughter for 5 months and think it's her daughter? Seriously a mother knows her child and it's just too hard for me to believe. Also how did they finally discover the truth? This seems too bizarre to me. I think denial played a large part here, the family that had actually lost their daughter wanted to believe she was still alive so badly that they clung onto this other girl. I know the two girls looked alike, but again you should know and recognize your own flesh and blood. This is just so bizarre.

Anyways I am excited for this weekend, should be awesome! I plan to party!

No comments: